Wednesday 18 April 2007

Windows XP Start/Run Shortcut List

In many of my guides I often use shortcuts to objects using the start button and the run command so I thought I would list them all here.


Control Panel Objects

i.e. To bring up the control panel object for Network Properties, Click Start, Select Run, and type ncpl.cpl in the run box and click OK

Accessibility Options = access.cpl
Add New Hardware Wizard = hdwwiz.cpl
Add/Remove Programs = appwiz.cpl
Date and Time Properties = timedate.cpl
Display Properties = desk.cpl
Internet Properties = inetcpl.cpl
Joystick Properties = joy.cpl
Keyboard Properties = main.cpl keyboard
Mouse Properties = main.cpl
Network Properties = ncpa.cpl
Phone and Modem options = telephon.cpl
Power Management = powercfg.cpl
Regional settings = intl.cpl
Scanners and Cameras = sticpl.cpl
Sounds and Audio Device Properties = mmsys.cpl
System Properties = sysdm.cpl
User settings = nusrmgr.cpl

Windows Security Centre = wscui.cpl

Special Folders

i.e. To display the contents of Special Folders like My Documents, Click Start, Select Run, Type My Documents in the run box and click OK.

My Documents = my documents
My Printers = control printers
Windows\System32 Folder = system32
Windows\Temp Folder = temp
Folder Options = control folders
Fonts Folder = control fonts

There are more but these are the main ones, getting used to these commands can save a lot of time.

0 comments: